Investors in People
Investors in People Standard
What is it?
The Investors in People Standard is a tool for improving an organisation's performance. Improvement comes from maximising the potential of employees.
The focus of the Standard is on
- A clear sense of purpose which is understood at all levels
- Focused learning and development, linked to business needs
- Consistent leadership and management practices
- Inclusive and involved decision making
- Accountability and ownership
- Open communication and effective peer support
- A culture of review and continuously looking at ways to do things better
- People feel valued and know how they contribute.
There are ten indicators of good practice that need to be met before an organisation meets the Standard. The indicators are grouped under the relevant sections of a Plan/ Do/ Review continuous quality improvement cycle.Workbridge's process Workbridge began working towards the Investors in People Standard in 2006 and achieved the Standard in 2008.
There was an initial 'diagnostic assessment' in 2006, followed by a number of actions, a further assessment in 2007, and more fine tuning until certification was achieved in 2008. Assessments involved confidential interviews with staff by an IIP assessor.
Workbridge's current certification expires in August 2011. To maintain this certification Workbridge needs to demonstrate our continuing ability to meet all ten indicators of the Standard through another assessment.
For more information about the Investors in People Standard, visit http://www.iipnz.co.nz/whoweare.htmlback to top