Workbridge is the national employment agency for disabled people. Based in 22 locations across New Zealand, we are a passionate team with the mission to enable people with disabilities to participate and experience equal opportunities in the labour market.
We are looking for people who believe in the work we do, have a genuine interest in the role and want to make a difference, to join us as an Employment Consultant.
In this role, you will use a strengths based approach to assist our jobseekers with recruitment solutions, pre-employment vocational assistance, job placement and post-placement support. Our approach is to coach our jobseekers to empower them and help them develop skills and confidence.
You will also work with employers to identify and create opportunities for our jobseekers. Essential to this is the ability to use your strong relationships and networks within the community and local businesses to lift the profile and awareness of Workbridge and what we do. Knowledge of the local labour market, the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and the ability to build disability confidence with employers are also important to being successful in this role.
Ideally, your previous experience will also include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the health and disability sector with a passion to make a difference
- Experience working with a diverse range of people, at all levels of an organisation, from different cultures, different backgrounds, situations and ages
- A track record of delivering on targets
- Experience working with a case management database and making comprehensive case notes that can be accessed and used by the whole team
- Experience in, or an understanding of, a range of workplaces environments and/or roles
- Experience employing or working with people with disabilities
- Experience in sales, business or marketing
You will also:
- Be able to work quickly while maintaining the quality of your work
- Have problem solving skills
- Have excellent planning and time management skills
- Have well developed self-management and resilience skills
- Be confident with using technology as an enabler to your work
- Be able to work as part of a team
In return for bringing your passion, skills and knowledge to Workbridge, you will be part of a vibrant team, have the opportunity to make a real difference in jobseekers lives, and have access to a staff benefits programme based on tenure.
If you are interested in joining the Workbridge team, please contact our HR Advisor .
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to work for Workbridge.